
Christmas: cutest Christmas PJs, wore 2 diapers Christmas Eve so that Aaron wouldn't wet through his diaper and have to change clothes before opening presents, rough night - ended up awake and changing him in the middle of the night anyway (it was a good plan though, right?), maybe 2 good hours of fun in the morning opening presents and taking pictures, really rough day afterward- cranky, whining, NOT his usual self, SCREAMED all evening at Grandma Jim & Grandma Teresa's with all the women trying to figure out what was wrong (we even used a carrot stick as a tongue depressor to try to look @ his throat since Auntie Kaylie had had strep throat the week before), no luck, grumpy baby, went home tired and went to bed; REALLY rough night, didn't sleep AT ALL, woke up around 5am with my darling baby's lip and chin swollen, hard as a rock, bright red and with puss coming out, mom freaking out called Aunt Kaylie and the hospital and finally the nurse helpline who all decided we should wait until the Dr opened @ 8am, Dr @ 8am (not our regular pediatrician, they didn't open until noon and I just couldn't wait that long) gave Aaron an antibiotic shot, a prescription for another antibiotic and sent us home with instructions to "massage the area regularly," i.e., squeeze the puss out. Yeah, right. That only lasted a few hours - until my sweet baby was so upset with me for doing it that he wouldn't let me hold him and puss started coming out INSIDE his mouth, too. Back to the Dr at noon - our own Dr's office this time - and we're told we need to go to Primary Children's hospital. In Salt Lake. Right away. Remember the nasty, nasty storm we had that day? I called Aunt Kaylie CRYING from the Dr's office, and of course Troy & Kaylie dropped their kids and their fun-filled day of sledding to come get us and drive us to Salt Lake. The one good thing in all this: I ended up getting out of work on Monday after such an exhausting weekend. Thank you, Steve! Meanwhile, Aaron couldn't eat with his lip so swollen and feeding him with a medicine dropped really didn't work.


Turns out Aaron had MRSA Staph infection in his lip (that means nasty bacteria that only the strongest antibiotic will kill. strongest bacteria = strongest diarrhea for 2 weeks.) New prescription for new antibiotic, Grandpa Arnie & Grandma Carrie here to help so I could finally get some sleep, and the damn mess went away within 2 days. What a train wreck, that weekend was!!!

I ended up randomly taking pictures of Aaron opening the rest of his presents for the next several weeks so that I would have some Christmas pictures to send his birth mom! I love my little Aaron and I'm so glad he's OK! I never want to see Primary Children's Hospital again for as long as I live.
Aaron got to go swimming for the first time. He liked it. Thank goodness for indoor pools!





Aaron is now rolling over, sitting up, holding his own bottle and eating solid foods. He is SUCH a good eater!









Since I totally procrastinated getting Christmas cards this year, I felt guilty enough to do Valentine's Day cards instead, so Aunt Kaylie & I did a little Valentine's Day photo shoot. It was so much fun, and yes, we did totally bribe my 5-month-old with a sucker.




This is how my little Aaron wakes up in the morning: smiling. It's nice.
We LOVE him to pieces and we recently got a letter from our adoptoin attorney with the date of our court hearing to finalize his adoption!

6 comments:
Oh my goodness, what an experience. I can't even imagine. But when that chin isn't swollen, it is the most adorable chin! It was great to pics, they are so fun at this age.
Ashley,
Okay, I didn't even know you guys adopted a baby. That is so awesome! I'm smiling just sitting here looking at Aaron. What a studly looking boy. I was reading my sister Sarah's blog and saw yours. I didn't even know you guys had a blog either. Anyway, it was really fun seeing how you guys are doing. I'm glad Aaron is ok. Raising a baby is often extremely stressful. We will now be followers of your blog. We have a private one, so we would need to send you an invite if you want to view it, meaning we need an email address. If you send your email to sastrogado(at)gmail(dot)com, we will send you an invite and be bloggin buddies.
Love your cousin,
Jerry (and Mandy and Zach)
Wow, he is so cute! I just want to pinch his cheeks. Sorry about all that yucky medical stuff. I love the Valentine pictures.
Sarah gave me the heads up on your blog. Your precious Aaron is absolutely adorable. Sorry about the scary staph infection. I'm glad it's over. I'm glad that you now get to exercise all those mothering skills that you've practiced so well. It was fun to see Grandpa Arnie holding your sweet bundle of joy. I miss all of you. There's another short comment after the poem that was written in your mother's own hand-writing. I was a mess after reading that entry and had to grab a box of tissues. The Taylor family agrees that Aunt Dawn's death was and still is a HUGE loss. She was always the life of the party! Oh, how I love your Mom!
What a sweetie! oh i love him! I love the valentines pictures. He already is a heart breaker.
oh my gosh!!!! i can't even contain myself... he is so squeazable!!! i know i have said this a thousand times but i could just take a bite of him!!!! i can't wait to finally meet him! (we are coming out the week of April 13th)
Post a Comment