Gabi is growing up so fast. She isn't quite crawling yet, but she can caterpillar-wiggle around and she's getting pretty fast. She has one tooth that just made its appearance this past week, and she's been fairly well-behaved, considering.
She loves her booster seat, loves sitting up and looking around, loves being to reach the things she wants, loves being able to get her hands on Aaron's toys and the remote control.
She sleeps SO WELL. She CANNOT fall asleep with someone holding her (which SUCKS sometimes), but I can lay her in her crib in a dark room, put a super soft blanket next to her face, and she'll snuggle herself to sleep in less than a minute. It's beautiful. I only wish she could fall asleep snuggling a mommy, since church inevitably spans a nap time.
She is developing the most darling personality, although a bit dramatic than I'm used to. She can be screaming bloody murder, a hardly-breathing scream, and as soon as you pick her up or Grandpa walks in the room she instantly turns on the beauty queen smile. It's a little scary how quickly she can turn on the charm. : ) And yes, she, too, is a Grandpa Arnie fan. Just lights up the room with her smile when she sees him.
Gab got to go swimming for the first time this month. She loved the water, loved splashing it in her own face. Turned purple fairly quickly, even though we were in a heated indoor pool. (Not used to such a pale kid)



Aaron is growing up SO fast. He comes up to my belly button. You read that right, my BELLY BUTTON. Granted, I'm not tall by any stretch of the imagination, but just 6 months ago I was telling people that my 2-year-old comes up to my hip already....and now my 2-and-a-half-year-old comes up to my belly button! He shot up like a weed! He is POTTY TRAINED - it took a little more than 2 weeks to more or less get him potty trained. When he needs to go he says, "Mommy? Me poop." Pee, poop, doesn't matter, he always says, "Me poop." And he doesn't like an audience, so once he gets settled he'll say with the most deadly serious expression, "You get out." (I'm not ashamed to admit that we threw out a few pairs of undies during the first couple of weeks in the name of not having to clean them and my dad almost died when he saw me chuck a pair into the bathroom trashcan! I totally got a lecture about how my mom cleaned cloth diapers...blah, blah, blah. I told him my mother was a better woman than I am! He's so funny!)

Aaron is SO smart, way smarter than I am, I'm afraid. He is darling and funny and SO stinking sweet sometimes. He talks non-stop and sometimes we just laugh out loud at the things he comes up with.

One day I told him we were going outside to give Grandpa a haircut and he said, "Great idea!!"
In sacrament on Easter Sunday he told me he liked my skirt.
We started swimming lessons this past week and the very first night, as we sat on a bench in our swimsuits waiting for the teachers to come out and put us into classes, he shook with excitement and said to me, "I'm so excited!" And when we left the pool after our second lesson, I told him I had a good time swimming with him and he responded, "I had fun you too Mom!"
He LOVES LOVES LOVES his Grandpa Arnie still. Grandpa can't make it out the front door without Aaron trying to slip out the door with him. He likes to get in the truck and go for a ride, doesn't matter where, as long as it's with Grandpa and he's getting undivided attention. He is a TAD bit jealous of Gabi getting attention, but he loves her and is so sweet to her most of the time.


He LOVES LOVES LOVES his Grandpa Arnie still. Grandpa can't make it out the front door without Aaron trying to slip out the door with him. He likes to get in the truck and go for a ride, doesn't matter where, as long as it's with Grandpa and he's getting undivided attention. He is a TAD bit jealous of Gabi getting attention, but he loves her and is so sweet to her most of the time.

No comments:
Post a Comment