Saturday, August 2

We went to an adoptive parent class with the agency on Thursday and it was awesome! The 2 directors were way cool, they explained the entire process in detail from start to finish, gave advice on how to handle birth moms so that they feel special and we still feel comfortable... We both felt really comfortable with the whole idea by the time the meeting was over.

So we turned in our application, we've sent in our background checks, we have a home study on Monday and then we just wait for our background checks to come back before we're actually approved. I asked the ladies to guess a time frame for me and all they would say is that since we don't care what gender or race we get, we'll have practically no waiting time at all.

AND THEN I GOT PHONE CALL ON FRIDAY saying they have a birth mom they think would be great for us. OH MY GOSH, RIGHT? So we should be scheduling a conference call with the birth mom sometime next week, I hope. And then she'll be able to decide if she likes us, then we'll be able to decide if we like her and IF all goes well, we would be expecting a baby of unknown gender on September 1st.

Of course, our background checks have to come back before the baby is born or this isn't going to work out, but if it doesn't work out, it wasn't meant to be, right? I did tell Kaylie and Amber just the other day that I really don't want a lesson in patience right now and look what happened!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Oh my gosh! I hope it is meant to be!!!