Tuesday, October 14

Are you wondering what happened to me?




I'm not exactly as on top of things as I used to be! I know, it's been a month since I last posted something, but MAN did that month fly by! Here are some updates about Aaron:






He sleeps about 7 hours straight at night, takes another bottle and usually goes back to sleep for a bit so I can finish sleeping or get ready. I don't know if the cough medicine I've been taking makes me oblivious to small sounds, or if he's not making any, but I actually get about 7 hours of mostly uninterrupted sleep each night. Sweet, huh?






He smiles. A lot. It's huge and cheesy and makes me laugh out loud. I just can't get a picture of a really good one. But I did just buy a camera that moves pretty fast, so I'm hopeful that eventually he'll hold one long enough for me to capture it.






He talks. Babbles, coos, yells randomly sometimes. I try to repeat back the sounds he's making and he seems to find that funny.






He doesn't really like toys yet. His control of his hands is getting better, but not good enough to grab things and hang on. But he doesn't really watch them yet, either. He LOVES the ceiling fan, the pot rack and the TV, though. He can stare at them forever.






Over the (freezing cold) weekend, I pulled some more warm jammies out of his closet to see if anything fit, and what do you know? he's got some 3-6 month AND 6-9 MONTH jammies that fit him dead on right now. My kid's going to be the freakishly tall one in the class picture. : )






Aaron took his first trip to Lagoon last Friday night and he slept right through it. Even slept through the obnoxoius employees/kids running around in costumes with chainsaws blaring and preteen girls screaming.






We're all doing great. Aaron got to meet his Aunt Sophie and Aunt Olivia on Saturday and he LOVES them. He still hasn't met Uncles Mitchell, Keith, Jason, Carlos, John, or Cory, Aunts Selina, Erika and Melissa, or cousins Eva, Cora, Taki, Kieran or Caden! He's not even a newborn anymore, everyone's missing out!

No comments: