Saturday, December 6

Thanksgiving



I'm so thankful for my little Aaron. I feel like the time is just rushing by - he's definitely not a baby-baby anymore. He's sitting up with a little help, I can hold him on my hip with one arm and not worry about his head flopping around, he took a bath in the sink the other day and held himself up by planting his feet on the other side of the sink and pushing. Big boy! But I am so thankful for every day with him, for my sister who doesn't just watch him all day while I work, but really LOVES him all day, for my husband who works so hard for such long hours and hardly gets to see us!






We spent the holiday weekend in Manti with family. Aaron's YaYa LOVES him so much, she tried to keep him there when we left! And Grandpa Arnie turns goofy when babies are around. Aaron learned to fall asleep in the recliner after every meal with Grandpa, he SLEPT through our trek through the forest to cut down christmas trees (I carried him all over creation in the baby carrier, through the snow, with a blanket tucked in all around him to keep him warm and he SLEPT through it!), he opened his first present at the dinner table and, of course, he loved the shiny gold wrapping paper the most. It's always nice to just relax for a couple of days, but I was shocked at the amount of stuff I had to pack for that baby! A whole suitcase for 2.5 days. And then hunting it all down to pack it up 2 days later took forever. But he was an angel all weekend, so everyone could see how perfect he really is. : )

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Ashley, This is your cousin Andrea Luke Hamblin. I came across your blog randomly through another person. Your son is super cute! Motherhood looks good on you. I especially liked the picture of Aaron and his Grandpa. My Dad doesn't touch babies until they are like a year old. My family blog is crazyhamblins.blogspot.com if you are interested. I am so happy for you and Frank. I hope you have a great 2009

Nicole said...

he is such a sweet baby, I love the picture of you and him together :)

Julie said...

Ashley, I just found your blog. What an amazing story. Aaron is just adorable. I would love to catch up.
Julie (McHale) Moukoian

Sarah Osborne said...

Hi Ashley! This is your cousin Sarah :) I'm so glad that I found your blog. Holy cow, Aaron is CUUUUTE!